Today, I woke up overwhelmed by how blessed I am. Have you ever felt that way? So many of life’s blessings are easily taken for granted. I thanked God for waking up in the mindset of being grateful for everything, from my job to my home.
It’s a beautiful home; I thanked God for my husband, who is a fantastic provider and a loving companion.
Table of Contents
More Christian gratitude…
My husband’s love for me is unquestionable and still leaves me breathless.
My cup runneth over when it comes to my children. I am so blessed with incredible children who love the Lord and respectfully serve my husband and me.
Oh yeah, my car!
It runs and gets me to where I want to go.
My job grants me opportunities to meet fantastic people and get the occasional giggle I need to make it through this life.
My “mommy” (yes, I still call her that) is a pillar of strength and wisdom. My dearest friend with whom I enjoy sharing life’s joys and mysteries. I love our conversations and thank Jesus for her wisdom in God and His ways of doing things.
I have absolutely the best friends ever. They have loved me through the test of time (and even patience) :). Believe me, I’ve tried their patience. Hey, they tried mine, too. 🙂
My body functions and gets me where I need to go. That’s a priceless blessing.
Most of all, I thank God, from Whom all blessings flow. His lovingkindness is from everlasting to everlasting.
He opens doors for me and supplies me with the wisdom to walk through them.
He restores all that the cankerworm destroyed and renews my soul.
He gives me strength for the battle and encompasses me with the Light of Jesus.
Thanks for reading my testimony. I just needed to get it out. Wait! I must say I’m thankful for you! GodsyGirl’s visitors encourage me and even keep me sane.
Writing is the only thing that helps me when I’m overwhelmed or stressed. I see the stats for this blog. People visit, peek around, and subscribe. Thank you for that.
I hope you’re grateful, Christian Woman! You are blessed, too. Somewhere in this world is someone who would pay money to switch places with you. I guarantee it.
Your turn to show Christian gratitude!
Gratitude, my friend, is like a superfood for the soul. It’s not just some warm and fuzzy feeling; there’s actual science backing its health benefits. When you make gratitude a part of your daily routine, it can do wonders for your well-being. Studies like the one published in the “Journal of Personality and Social Psychology” (Emmons & McCullough, 2003) have shown that gratitude can improve physical health, improve sleep, and reduce stress. Cool, right?
The next time you find yourself counting your blessings know that it’s not just a nice gesture; it’s a legitimate way to boost your overall health.
Gratitude also does a little magic on your mental and emotional state. It’s like a mood-lifter on demand. Focusing on the good stuff in your life makes you more likely to experience increased happiness and life satisfaction. Researchers from the “Journal of Positive Psychology” (Wong & Brown, 2017) have delved into this, revealing that gratitude can lead to lower symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Christian gratitude scriputres:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV):
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
- Psalm 100:4 (NIV):
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.”
- Colossians 3:15 (NIV):
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”
- Ephesians 5:20 (NIV):
“always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Psalm 136:26 (NIV):
“Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.”
- Philippians 4:6 (NIV):
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
These verses stress the importance of expressing gratitude in various aspects of life, reminding us to be thankful in all circumstances and to make it a habit to give thanks to God for His blessings. We simply got to do that, or the stresses of life will bog us down.
Steps to a Christian gratitude journal
Countless blessings are awesome; when you acknowledge and treasure them, they bring much joy to your life. Check out these steps to fully embrace and appreciate the good things in your life:
- Cultivate Awareness: Start by becoming more aware of the blessings in your life. Pay attention to the everyday moments, people, and experiences that bring you joy, peace, or fulfillment. Kind of the way I started this blog post. 🙂
- Maintain a Gratitude Journal: Consider keeping a gratitude journal where you write down things you’re grateful for daily. Christian gratitude can be as simple as a good meal, a beautiful sunrise, or a kind word from a friend.
- Share Your Blessings: Sharing your blessings with others, whether through acts of kindness or helping those in need, can deepen your appreciation for what you have.
- Reflect on Challenges: Even challenges and difficulties can be blessings in disguise, as they offer opportunities for growth and resilience. Reflect on what you’ve learned from tough times.
- Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness meditation can help you stay present and fully appreciate the current moment. It can also help you recognize and savor the blessings around you.
- Express Your Gratitude: Don’t keep your gratitude to yourself. Express it to others. Tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, or share your gratitude with a higher power through prayer or meditation.
- Avoid Comparison: Avoid comparing your blessings to others. Each person’s life is unique, and your blessings are personal to you. Comparisons can lead to ungratefulness.
- Maintain Perspective: Keep things in perspective, and remember that material possessions are just a part of life’s blessings. Relationships, health, and personal growth are equally valuable blessings.
- Practice Contentment: Strive for contentment by appreciating what you have rather than constantly yearning for more. Contentment can bring peace and a deeper sense of gratitude.
- Give Back: Engage in acts of kindness and service to give back to your community and the world. The act of giving can amplify your awareness of blessings.
Boundless blessings are abundant when you make a conscious effort to recognize and appreciate them. These steps can help you cultivate a more grateful and joyful outlook on life.
Places to get a Journal
You can find journals in various brick-and-mortar stores as well as online retailers. Here are some popular places to buy journals:
- Bookstores: Major bookstores like Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, and independent bookstores often have a wide selection of journals.
- Stationery Stores: Specialty stationery shops, like Paper Source, are great places to find journals with unique designs and features.
- Office Supply Stores: Retailers like Office Depot and Staples carry a variety of journals, especially those suited for business or professional use.
- Art Supply Stores: Art supply stores like Blick Art Materials may offer journals that are ideal for sketching or art journaling.
- Gift Shops: Many gift shops carry beautifully designed journals that can make for great gifts or personal use.
- Amazon: Amazon offers a vast selection of journals in different styles, sizes, and paper types.
- Etsy: Etsy is a fantastic platform for finding unique, handcrafted journals with custom designs.
- Moleskine: Moleskine’s official website provides a range of their iconic journals and notebooks.
- Leuchtturm1917: You can purchase Leuchtturm1917 journals directly from their website or from online retailers.
- Online Stationery Shops: Websites dedicated to stationery and office supplies, like JetPens and Goulet Pens, offer a variety of journals.
- Book Depository: This online retailer offers a wide range of journals and often provides free worldwide shipping.
- Walmart and Target: These major retailers have online stores with a selection of journals.
Remember to consider factors like paper quality, size, binding type, and any specific features you’re looking for when choosing where to buy your journal.